Monday, June 25, 2007

2nd Day at PDC 07 , Stephen Forte to the rescue!

Thanks to stephen forte for putting some life back into PDC 07!, I feel the problem here is maturity of professionals. Our industry is still young and people are still new to concepts like application architecture and management processes required to deliver a successful solution. As such, the local presenters either dont have the presentation skills or the required experience to engage the audience in an interesting case study.

Otherwise the mismanagement from the PC Hotel management was slightly better than the first day, you can download all the slides for topics presented by stephen from here

My personal favorites were database design patterns and Scalable applications. I really wish Clement Vasters would come and visit sometime. I took some of his sessions at PDC 05', they were a real mind opener.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

(THIS IS NOT A COMMENT, I WAS GOOGLING FOR CERTIFICATION AND EVENTUALLY FOUND YOUR BLOG)

Fully compliant with name of the Blog, here comes a Dimagh Ki Dahi question

I am looking for MCTS - Web Track certification, i am new to .NET and definitely haven't worked on .NET at all. I have three months for preparation of this whole certification + with job :)

1- Where to get registered for this Exam in Karachi?

Please give suggestions about preparing for this certification.

Atif

Danish Shamim said...

Atif,

I registered for MCTS track certification through person VUE, you can find the location for their testing center through their website

http://www.pearsonvue.com/

its right behind the PSO house at 3 talwar

as for the preparation, I would recommend starting from the Microsoft press books, especially the .net foundation book.

I covers quite a lot of topics, but I'll have to tell you that .net 2.0 certifications are quite a bit tougher than the previous ones. So unless you put your back into it you wont be able to complete it in 3 months

Anonymous said...

Thanks